Call for Abstracts
27th Annual Conference of the Society for Risk Analysis – Europe
Östersund, Sweden, June 18–20 2018
The conference organizers of SRA-Europe 2018 are inviting proposals on the topic of this year’s conference:
Risk & Uncertainty – From Critical Thinking to Practical Impact
The focus of the conference is on developing the academic discourse on risk considerations and its practical applications— specifically in the contemporary era of increased uncertainty and apparent increased salience of questioning research and facts in (some) public decision-making processes. The aim of the conference is to facilitate the exchange of ideas, problems, solutions, and emerging research agendas among researchers, practitioners, and policy makers.
We welcome abstracts and presentations in English in any one of the core themes in the following formats:
- Oral Presentations (individual): Submissions concern one single oral presentation by one or more authors, lasting a maximum of 15 minutes and followed by Q&A for all presentations at the end of the session.
- Symposia (group): Submissions concern a group of individual oral presentations (a minimum of three, maximum of five) by one or more authors. The symposia are organized around a unifying theme and include an introduction by the symposium coordinator, the presentations, and a Q&A session at the end of the session, for a maximum of 90 minutes. Note that for registration purposes, an abstract has to be submitted for each symposium presentation.
- Poster Presentations (individual): Submissions concern one individual presentation in poster format by one or more authors, with a Q&A session based on the poster.
Presentations may include empirical research results; critical reviews of risk analysis theories and methods; scenario building; simulations and modeling; systematic literature reviews and meta analyses; case studies, and perspectives or project presentations by practitioners, experts, stakeholders, and policy makers.
We therefore invite you to submit a 350-word abstract by February 7 at www.conference-service.com/SRAE2018
Additionally, participants with accepted abstracts are invited to submit a full paper by September 15, 2018, for consideration in the publication of a special issue with the journal Safety Science. More information about the special issue will be posted on the conference website. We also wish to inform you about the opportunity to submit a proposal to Palgrave Macmillan’s Critical Studies in Risk and Uncertainty series.
We welcome you to Östersund and are looking forward to an exciting and rewarding SRA-E conference in 2018.
Key dates 2018
- February 5: Registration opens
- February 7: Abstract submission close
- March 16: Abstracts notification
- April 16: Deadline for registration Early Bird
- May 16: Registration closes
- June 17: Conference registration and Pre-Conference Cocktail
- June 18–20: Conference